Thursday, March 8

Good stuff

So my weekend at home was absolutely crazy, but I had such a wonderful time! As far as financial support goes, that went really well...probably better than expected if I'm honest. But the best part of it all was getting to share what's been driving me for years now, with the people who've known me the longest but who knew the least about my heart for Africa. There's no question that some of the moments I shared with family and friends were ordained and gifted to me from God. It was also a tremendous blessing for mom and dad to hear again and again...and again, what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. I sometimes forget that it makes perfect sense in my head as it's been confirmed to me for years, but that it may not be so clear to those watching from the outside. I pray that all those who I was able to share with will be able to join me in prayer and also in supporting my family as I'm gone. It was ever clear that weekend, which I've been told numerous times, that the preparation is as important as the destination. God ministered to many hearts, including my own, as I shared His faithfulness and commitment to His plans for our lives and His glory.

"Return home and tell how much God has done for you."
Luke 8:39

No comments: